The Historic Old Northeast
This neighborhood is one of the most highly south after areas in St. Petersburg with it's brick streets and waterfront green spaces. Some great areas included in The Historic Old Northeast include the Gizella Kopsick Palm Arboretum and Vinoy Park.
Cafes, casual chain restaurants, and taco spots line 4th Street North.
1911 - The neighborhood was one of the first in the city & platted in by C Perry Snell and J.C. Hamlett. Many of the founding families of the city have called The Historic Northeast their home.
1924 - The Gandy Bridge opens up to the public for an easier commute from Tampa to St Petersburg
1974 - Historic Old Northeast Homeowners Association is founded. Originally called the North Shore Neighborhood Association, a name change happened in May 2002 to reflect the common use of “Old Northeast” when referencing the neighborhood.
1988 - Designated a Local Historic District by the City of St. Petersburg.
1992 - The Vinoy Hotel Reopens To The Public
2003 - The entire neighborhood was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
2012 - This Old House magazine named this neighborhood as one of the "Best Old House Neighborhoods" of the year.